‘The Bull’, Neuse News announce Davis Wholesale Tire GOTW schedule, sponsors
Today, officials with WRNS 960-AM “The Bull” and Neuse News announced the schedule of the game of the week that will be broadcast on the station. The weekly game’s primary sponsor is Davis Wholesale Tire.
The tentative schedule for the Davis Wholesale Tire Game of the Week includes:
· Friday: Farmville Central at Kinston
· Friday, Aug. 24: Farmville Central at North Lenoir
· Thursday, Aug. 30: North Duplin at South Lenoir
· Friday, Sept. 7: Cary Christian at Arendell Parrott Academy
· Friday, Sept. 14: Wilson Community Christian at Bethel Christian Academy
· Friday, Sept. 21: South Lenoir at Kinston
· Friday, Sept. 28: Kinston at Greene Central
· Friday, Oct. 5: Greene Central at North Lenoir
· Friday, Oct. 12: Ayden-Grifton at Kinston
· Friday, Oct. 19: Greene Central at South Lenoir
· Friday, Oct. 26: North Lenoir at South Lenoir
· Friday, Nov. 2: Kinston at North Lenoir
Because of The Bull’s contractual obligations with the Down East Wood Ducks, the first three games will be broadcast a day later at 9 a.m. However, all games will be re-broadcast at 9 a.m. on Saturday, even when the DEWD season is complete.
Every game will be preceded by the King’s Restaurant Pre-Game Show, hosted by Bryan Hanks and Jon Dawson of Neuse News. The duo will have interviews with every coach in Lenoir County and preview that night’s games while taking a look at the preceding week’s games.
Hanks is the play-by-play announcer for the Davis Wholesale Tire Game of the Week, while retired South Lenoir coaching legend Jimmy Smith, a member of the Kinston-Lenoir County Sports Hall of Fame, will provide color analysis for all the games.
“I am honored to work alongside Coach Smith again this season,” Hanks said. “We are both excited about these games and are ready to get behind the microphone beginning Friday night.”
The Davis Wholesale Tire Game of the Week will feature updates from games all over the area from Neuse News correspondents Junious Smith III, Graham Hill, Keith Spence, Scott Cole and William “Bud” Hardy. It will also debut Jason Bryant of WRNS as the sideline reporter for all games.
The sponsors for the Davis Wholesale Tire Game of the Week include:
· King’s Restaurant
· Nathan Perry Realty
· Chick-fil-A of Kinston
· Down East Protection Systems
· Lovick’s Café
· Realo Discount Drugs
· Tractor Country
· Neuse News
For more information about the Davis Wholesale Tire Game of the Week, contact Hanks at Bryan@NeuseNews.com. For advertising opportunities with the game or pregame show, contact Bryant at email@example.com.